The SmartCrop® System has been used in many different environments across the U.S. and many countries around the world. The Standard SmartCrop® sensor measures continuous crop canopy temperature using an infrared thermometer and relays the information back to the Smartfield™ Base Station.
Research has shown canopy temperature to be a significant measurement of crop stress. If the temperature of the plant is above optimal temperature for an extended period of time, the metabolic processes become less efficient; the plant does not show as much growth, therefore, causing detriment to the yield.
- Uses infrared thermometer to measure plant canopy temperature
- 1,500′ radio frequency range
- Reads every minute, reports average reading every 15 minutes
SmartCrop® System Benefits
- Ability to determine “when and how much” to irrigate
- Immediate feedback on irrigation effectiveness
- Potential to reduce water costs (20-40%)
- Maximize crop yield potential
- Ability to detect changes in plant health
- Maximize returns on investment
SmartCrop® System Bundle
- Smartfield™ Base Station
- SmartCrop® Sensors (4)
- Text alers to make timely decisions
- Personalized CropInsight™ access
- One year warranty
Growers are able to receive their crop information in a variety of ways. A grower could see the crop stress information by logging into their CropInsight™ account, receive an email and/or text alerts.